The day before Easter we went to an egg hunt at the church where Maren is going to attend pre-school in the fall. The kids had fun hunting for eggs...



Emptying out the goodies and giving back the plastic eggs...

And decorating their own cookies...

Ta da

...and eating them, of course!

We also dyed eggs at home (not many good pictures...I needed to be pretty hands-on!)


And on Easter morning the kids each had an easter basket with some little (like dollar store quality) things in there (no more candy!!).


After church, we hid eggs inside for the kids to find. Greg hid some way out of reach!

3 jelly beans in each egg :)

Then Maren and I made a blackberry pie to go with our Easter meal. If you know anything about baking pies, you will see from this picture that I didn't really know what I was doing. Note for next time: thaw the berries before putting them in the shell. This pie didn't turn out very well, but I love this picture of Maren helping!

Here are the kids in their easter best (nothing new, just what we had in the closet - recognize Maren's dress from Christmas?!) riding their scooters!

And here are our new friends!! They live right across the street from us and these kids are inseparable these days...we call them the scooter crew. Kylie turned 3 in April and Conner turned 7. It is so fun to have friends so close for the kids and for us too! We are enjoying getting to know the whole family...
0 comments:
Post a Comment