Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I just want to thank...

This is going to be like an Emmy acceptance speech because I have SO MANY people to thank for helping us move. I don't have ANY pictures from moving day - it was just too crazy and I was afraid to get my camera out and then lose it! So you can skip this if you don't want to hear about all the wonderful people who made it all possible. :)
In order of appearance:
Kathy - Took the kids to the zoo & lunch the day before we moved so that I could pack (and go to the chiropractor!)
JR - went WAY beyond the call of duty (and what he had signed up for) by not only helping to load the truck, but clean up around the outside and weed whack for us! Did I mention it was 100 degrees that day? He was there until the very end, helping Greg get the car onto the trailor...
Amit - helped load the truck for a bit in between meetings!
Tom - rearranged the truck so everything fit!
Carolyn - This goes way back...she started helping me pack weeks before the actual day. Then she showed up on move day, helped pack, made a delicious lunch, and stayed until the bitter end helping us clean. I will never be able to thank her enough for everything she did.
Lisa - Cleaned all the gross things I have been avoiding cleaning and was dreading :)
Ashling - Ditto on the cleaning...she was a trooper.
Nathaniel - Among other things, he used a cinder block to bust up my broken desk so we could put it in the trash. :)
Nicky - Watched Joel & Maren ALL day (like 9 hours)...and she has 3 kids of her own, so this was a big job!!
Jodi & JR - Let us stay the night at their house Thursday night - they fed us dinner, dessert, breakfast and sent us with food for the road.
Todd & Tabatha - After a LONG drive on Friday, we stayed the night at their house so we didn't have to unpack that night. They fed us dinner and the kids (their girls are Joel & Maren's ages!) had a blast together. It was just what we needed after a hard day of driving. They then helped us unload and unpack the next day!
Aunt Ruth - Helped unload the truck, arrange things, and bought lunch for everyone (drove from Vancouver).
Del - Helped unload the truck (drove from Portland).
Dad & Connie - Took the kids to lunch then to NW Trek for the day. Then helped us arrange things and took us out to dinner (drove from Portland)!
Uncle Ted - Helped unload the truck and drove to Olympia with Greg & Todd to pick up our bed.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF THESE PEOPLE FOR THEIR TIME, ENERGY & LOVE. WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!!!

0 comments: