Wednesday, June 06, 2012

May!

Here's some pictures from the first part of May:

I had all the neighbor kids over to make May Day baskets and flowers...

Then on May Day, they hung them on doors, rang the bell, and ran!

Outdoor soccer in Washington = wet!!

Joel and I are staying home on Maren's practice nights (Greg is coaching), and spending time together.  Sometimes it is mostly homework, but sometimes we play games or make cookies!

Wednesday = life group in the sunroom.  These women have become wonderful friends and we are loving spending this time together.

Greg & the kids (plus neighbor Caden) made this great terrarium for a mama frog they found in the backyard....we'll see how long she stays there!

Soccer stars

Planting some annuals.

A trip to the library...

Joel checked out 17 books!!
 
My sister Rebekah had to have emergency surgery and spent several days in the hospital.  Once she got home I went to Portland for 4 days to help with Jocelyn and Dean.  Despite the circumstances, it was so fun to be able to spend this much time together in the same house!  We figured that the last time we did this (except for BIG family get-togethers) was probably when we were teenagers.  We had a great time talking, exchanging recipes and laughing (which was painful for her)! And I did all the cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids. ;) 


Dean had fun painting on the back deck 

Jocelyn is a very sweet 1-year old.  I forgot how much work babies are, but she made it fun!

When I got home from being in Portland, this is what Joel looked like!  Sad!  He fell on the concrete and banged his face up pretty good.  
 

Maren brought me a bouquet of flowers (lilacs from our backyard) to welcome me home.

She is so sweet and thoughtful!

This mama duck and her 11 ducklings made their way into our garage one day!  It was really hot outside and I think they were looking for shade.  

Greg let them into our backyard and put out some food and water and they hung out back there for a while. So cute!

1 comments:

carolyn said...

I love seeing all your pics! Thank you for posting!!!