Friday, June 24, 2011

A couple house pictures...

So finally, the house feels in order enough to post some pictures. Keep in mind that there is still A LOT to do/buy/finish/arrange, etc - so this is still a work in progress. But this is where we are today...


Here is the TV room before we moved in...yes we scored with the HUGE flat screen TV!


Here is after we painted - the first time. We had a REALLY hard time with paint in this room - we originally wanted to go blue in here but couldn't find one we liked, so we settled on a green because we were running out of time and HAD to get it done. Greg hated it from the start and after about a month we repainted. Here is the after! We LOVE it. It is so much brighter in the room and less in-your-face than the green. We discovered that this room stays pretty dark throughout the day because there is a beautiful dogwood right outside the window...so we needed a much lighter color. Depending on the light, this color go towards green or blue.
Here is the kitchen with the first green (this is the other end of the TV room, so they are the same color).



And after! This room is impossible to photograph...


This is the living room about 2 weeks after we moved in. We didn't have any furniture for this room, so everything that didn't have a home went there. :)


And after! We finally found a blue that we are IN LOVE with. This room stays very bright most of the time, so it can handle the darker color. This is our new furniture that we bought for the TV room and decided it was too big (like ridiculously huge) for the room - so we moved it in here and eventually decided we don't like it in here either. We ordered a new set and will take this back when the new comes in!

The other end of the living room is the dining room. Here it is before...
And after! The plan is to paint all the walls in here with the same blue, but the long wall on the left is VERY tall, so we decided to just do the ends for now. I am actually liking how it widens the room just having the ends painted, so we may end up leaving it afterall!
And the office. This desk (and another desk and shelving unit) were here when we moved in. It was SO HUGE that it made the room feel tiny (it is pretty small, less than 10x10), but the dark color and heavy (literally) furniture made it feel cramped.
I didn't get a picture of the in-between, which was the dark purple on the bottom and a neutral tan (that really looked more pink) on the top...but this is what we ended up with and I LOVE it!
This is the "play" side of the room. The end of the worktable shown is Maren's little area to craft while I am working (and now that it is summer, Joel will join her for projects!)
This is the same side of the room, but the other corner...my crafting area. It is actually a really big space, but it is hard to tell from the photo.
And here is the "work" side of the room. My work computer and our home computer are both on this side, which makes it all feel organized and clean. Oh! And the best part is the chair rail that Greg put up! He did SUCH a great job and I absolutely love this room. Between working and crafting, I spend a lot of time in here, so it is nice to have it feel like me. It was really fun to figure out how to make this little room feel big and multifunctional and organized. Now I need to get some stuff on the walls (this just got finished as of last weekend...)
And here is the sunroom...we haven't done much in here, but I have re-arranged the furniture a bit.
Eventually, when we get a new dining room table, our current one (with the benches) will come out here (and replace the one above) for a little breakfast nook.


So the upstairs will have to wait for another day...it was not presentable for photographing today! :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE the house. It looks great! So fun to think of you guys settling-in and enjoying. Your craft space is awesome! The new house process is so fun, but it certainly takes time doesn't it!?! Enjoy. We need to skype soon. Sometime the week of the 4th would be good. Our youth calendar keeps us traveling a lot. When will it feel normal? :)

Janet said...

So fun to see stuff in your home now! I see what you mean about the furniture, but I like it and am eager to see the new stuff that's coming! : )

carolyn said...

i love that you posted your furniture and paint colors, before and after! really fun to see the finished beauty.Very inspiring, spacious, fresh feeling!

carolyn said...

I've been thinking of you all SOOOOO much! At least daily. I love the kids' photos - especially the four in a circle, or sitting on the bench, or lined up on beach towels. And the sleepers are darling. Thank you for posting this blog. I love keeping up with you, and just figured out that I can comment. duh.Bless you all much!