The day after thanksgiving my sweet Grammie passed away after having a stroke a week prior. She was 83 years old and had been married to my Grandaddy for 63 years. I am so thankful for all the years we got to spend holidays and weekends at their house in Tacoma. This last year since we moved here, we were able to see them about once a month, sometimes more...and I am so thankful for that time as well. Even as she got Alzheimers and started to decline mentally, she was always filled with joy and love for those around her. She especially loved being around the kids - watching them and exclaiming how cute they are. I will treasure the memories I have with her.
This was taken last January - 4 Generations!
I learned a couple of things about Grammie at her memorial service:
- Her name was Mary JoAnne, but I never knew about the Mary part...I always thought her name was just JoAnne!
- Her life verse was Psalm 16:5-6. "Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen from me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."
- She was a spiritual mother to SO MANY people...she was a teaching leader for BSF for many years, and was loved and respected by many. I knew this, but didn't realize the extent of it until I saw all the people at the service and heard stories of how she influenced them.
I am so proud that this amazing woman was my Grammie. She has a beautiful, loving, joyful heart and is now, without a doubt, enjoying being with her Lord.



0 comments:
Post a Comment