Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Days

Summer has FINALLY arrived here in Washington...we are spending as much time outside as possible!

This is breakfast one morning last week...they are even still in their jammies!

Greg started sugar snap peas from seed several months ago but it had been so cold that I doubted we would ever get any peas...I was wrong!! The kids picked about 10-15 peas last night and we had them for dinner. SO good. And so fun to have food on our table that came from our backyard! We are looking forward to getting some tomatoes and cucumbers later in the summer.

I am so glad Greg has a green thumb and is persistent with it because I think it is so great for the kids to learn to appreciate and enjoy home-grown produce!

2 comments:

Ankeney Tribe said...

Do the kids actually like to EAT the peas? I love them, but I don't think my kids do. SO fun!!

Jennifer said...

Yes, they eat them! I have found that they are more likely to eat things that they have helped to grow or make (like helping me make dinner). Do you have any veggies or anything growing?