Despite the cold and gray weather, we had a great long weekend. Saturday we actually got some sun in the afternoon!

We headed over to Point Defiance to go to the Zoo and the "beach". These cute kids had so much fun together...and the adults had a great time, too!

All dressed up for a safari!

Friends...


The water was FREEZING - but that didn't stop Conner from going all the way in! The rest of the kids stayed close to shore and played in the rocks (where is the sand? they asked when we got there...um...it's a rock beach!).

Sunday after church we set off some little fireworks with our friends (thanks McMullens!).


Joel wasn't too crazy about the loud ones...

He and Kylie wore ear "muffles" to help with the sound :)

A few sparklers...

and don't forget to clean up the mess!

We went to a BBQ in the late afternoon and then came home and watched our neighbors setting off huge fireworks (the kind that are illegal in Oregon, so I only ever saw at the big organized foreworks shows!)! We had a perfect view from Joel's window, so I scooted his bed over and they fell asleep like this.

On Monday Greg took the kids out for a bike ride and came home with a FLAT of raspberries! I knew immediately that I had to make a pie!

It turned out SO good. It was my first time making or eating raspberry pie, and I think it has become a favorite. I have never seen Greg so excited about pie!
3 comments:
So fun! And yummmy pie Jen!!
Your pie looks amazing! I don't really like pie, but I would totally eat a slice...or two :-) And I just have to know...is Joel wearing skinny jeans on the Fourth of July?
No! He is not wearing skinny jeans...they're those cords from Target (I sent some to William, too) and they shrunk, he grew and there you go. I am trying to not have to buy him new pants until school starts, so he may be wearing short/tight pants until then!! :) Thanks for asking. :)
Post a Comment