Thursday, March 11, 2010

Road Trip!

Last week we took a road trip down to Santa Cruz, CA to visit the McCutchens! It was a LONG drive, but the kids did SO well in the car (thank you DVD player!!) and it was so worth it!

Emily had sent us a road trip survival package filled with snacks and activities for the kids (isn't she great?!) so they each had a tub of stuff to do (and the tub lid was also used as a desk for coloring!). They also did a fair share of movie watching...we normally don't let them watch very much TV, but this was a special circumstance...and it saved our sanity! (The headphones were a good addition this trip...Greg and I actually got to talk instead of listening to Dora for 15 hours!)On the drive we had every type of weather we could imagine (except heat, I guess). These snow pictures are from the Mt Ashland pass...we actually had to stop and get chains to carry with us. We also had rain, freezing rain, fog, hail, sun, clouds and wind. It was an adventure!

I was so amazed at how pretty California was this time...I don't think I have ever driven through Northern California when it is green...and it was amazing. Kind of reminded me of Ireland.

 So after 20 hours of driving (we stopped in Portland to sleep for 5 hours, had a snow delay in Ashland, and stopped for dinner with Matt & Nicky in San Francisco) we arrived in Scotts Valley. Stay tuned for pictures of our visit with the McCutchens! 

2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

I LOVE the new background Jen! I can't wait to see more pictures of our time together! We had a blast with you guys! Looking forward to Sept.!!!! :)

Ankeney Tribe said...

I like the new background too! I didn't see that one when I was changing mine! It's cute! And I love the pictures from your drive to CA...glad the headphones worked!