Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Weekend Away...

Our friends Jodi and JR invited us to come spend the weekend with them at their "cabin" near McCall (it was actually a really nice house that they built themselves!!) over Memorial Day weekend. We had SO much fun going for walks, playing with their 3 hunting dogs, eating, getting to know each other, fishing (the guys) and just hanging out.

Just in the nick of time, we got our camera back! I was so excited that I took over 150 pictures in 2 1/2 days! Here are a bunch of the cutest ones...
I took this picture just before big clouds rolled over, heavy winds started blowing and then it rained, and thundered! We made it back to the cabin just in time, but not before the wind tipped over a beer bottle and a glass of wine! The guys were crazy enough to stay at the lake and fish while the women and children stayed in the warmth of the cabin.
Maren LOVED Jodi...always wanted to hold her hand or be carried by her when she got tired of walking. So sweet...




A little quality time with the dogs... :)


This lake (really more of a big pond) is 1 mile from the cabin and we walked there once every day. Joel LOVED throwing sticks for Rocky to fetch out of the water.

Roasting marshmallows...the kids just ended up wanting to eat them plain after all (are we surprised?).





It was so fun to let the kids roam free...no streets, sidewalks, cars or anything to worry about. They could just walk and look at things and be in nature!


Maren carried this little knot of moss around for a while...I loved her little hand holding it...

Some great rocks along the trail to the lake...
I know she looks a little frightened in this picture, but I just love her little face.

Jumping...

The family...we intended to come back and take another one with Joel on the same rock as us, but it never happened...cute anyway. (We were not color coordinated on purpose!)

Dam.

Joel gathered a TON of pinecones on our walks...but only the good ones. Anyone have any good ideas for what to do with about 30 pinecones? :)


Jodi & JR, thank you SO MUCH for letting us spend the weekend with you...it was wonderful!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

Those are all such good pictures Jen! Looks like you guys had a great time! I like the new background too, really cute!

Katie said...

Jen, my FAVORITE background on Nealon News thus far. So happy! And wow, what a fantastic place to visit. Great memories made I'm sure. So, we need to catch-up soon. Em caught me up on the latest happenings, but I would love to hear more details. I'll call soon. Love you guys!

Ankeney Tribe said...

So, anyone have any ideas for what to do with 30 pinecones??? That goes for all of Jordan's pinecones that are piling up in the garage,too. And she only likes "the good ones". I think Joel and Jordan are leading parallel lives.

erik and courtney said...

You could make bird feeders with all those pinecones. so excited to see you so soon!