After about 18 hours at my mom's house (no pictures) Greg and I got to get away overnight for our 7 year anniversary!! The kids had a blast with Mimi and Del (no pictures), and Greg and I had a BLAST on our date.
We had made a hotel reservation at the hotel where we got married ...only to realize as we walked up to the actual place - I had made the reservation at the wrong hotel! Somehow I had mixed up the name in my head (don't ask me how)...so we stayed at a nice hotel, but not as nice, or romantic as staying where we got married...maybe for our 10-year.
Our disappointment was short lived as we planned how we would spend 24 hours without the kids! What did we do? We walked ALL around Portland. We hadn't taken a car downtown, so we literally walked for about 5 hours and it was SO FUN! We went to restaurants that we used to go to when we first got married, we went to Powells, shopping (Greg got a replacement wedding band), and to the Chinese gardens.
This was taken in the park blocks near the PSU campus (I graduated just 3 months after we got married!).
After a little rest and wine/cheese appetizers, we got dressed up and went out to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant in Portland - Thyphoon!

Our disappointment was short lived as we planned how we would spend 24 hours without the kids! What did we do? We walked ALL around Portland. We hadn't taken a car downtown, so we literally walked for about 5 hours and it was SO FUN! We went to restaurants that we used to go to when we first got married, we went to Powells, shopping (Greg got a replacement wedding band), and to the Chinese gardens.
This was taken in the park blocks near the PSU campus (I graduated just 3 months after we got married!).
After a little rest and wine/cheese appetizers, we got dressed up and went out to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant in Portland - Thyphoon!
I think this might have been the highlight for both of us - we haven't had good Thai food since leaving Chicago 2 years ago...and this place has AMAZING food. We even got complimentary coconut ice cream to celebrate (YUM!).
The next day we got to sleep in, linger over coffee at Starbucks and then head back to be with our kids and Mimi and Del. We had a wonderful time and are so grateful to them for watching Joel & Maren so we could do this!


3 comments:
Great pictures! We love Typhoon too! I really like your new blog layout!
so cute how you both match! glad you had a good time!
Congrats on 7 years! And hurray for grandparents who babysit and time alone to remember all the things that brought you together in the first place and all the things you hope for together in the future. God is good. Bless you both!
Post a Comment